Latest topics

Playing Styles

Go down

Playing Styles

Post by Ahty on 2010-07-14, 21:15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing Styles

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.----Introduction
2.----The 3 Dueling Styles
2.1----Agressive
2.2----Defensive
2.3----Conservative
3.----Hybrid Styles
4.----Advice
5.----Ending Notes

1. Introduction

This Article is mainly to help out new players but i belive it can be helpfull to all yu-gi-oh players.
Playing Styles are an important part of the game, discovering what your opponent style is can really help you win the duel.

2.Playing Styles

2.1 Agressive

The Agressive Style is most common within the new players, this kind of players tend to use all their resources to completly overwhelm the opponent with power and gain massive field advantage.
This is not an advisable style for new yu-gi-oh players although it is the most common, using all your resources usually gives you the edge at the moment but it can really hurt you in the long run, unless you are completly sure your opponent can't counterattack never use this style of playing.
Of course, experienced players can use this style effectivly because they can easily read the opponent and have the experience to know the opponents deck and therefor predict the opponent moves, allowing them to pinpoint the best moment to go all out on the opponent and gain the advantage to win the game.

A good example of an agressive deck is a dragon deck.

2.2 Defensive

Defensive players tend to rely on counter-attacks to win the duel, this is the rarest style of playing in the game and also the hardest to play. In order to effectivly play this style you need to predict any possible move the opponent makes therefor a lot of experience and knowledge on the current decks is required.
Of course, the cards available in the game make playing defensive style easier, take for example solemn judgment which can be used in a lot of different situations.
This style is played best when combined with the either of the other 2 styles but more on that later.

There really is no kind of decks that can effectivly describe this style.

2.3 Conservative

Ah! The Conservative style, advisable to all yu-gi-oh players, from new players to the most experienced.
The Conservative style function arounds keeping hand advantage and therefor maintaining a large resource supply( cars in the hand) to always surprise the opponent with the new moves.
This is the style that i advise to new players as they lack the experience to play the other 2.

A Good example of a conservative deck is gadgets.

3. Hybrids

A Good Duelist knows that if its deck does only 1 thing it will eventually fail when faced with its weakness, therefor it is advisable to have your deck play 2 different styles during the whole duel.

Agressive/defensive

Very good style, overwhelming the opponent with force and protecting itself from counterattacks.

Conservative/defensive

Also a very good style, this style is designed to constantly counterattack the opponent, the constant hand advantage allows you to always to a trick in the hand.

Agressive/conservative

BAD BAD BAD, you can't overwhelm the enemy with power and still keep hand advantage it is not advisable( not saying it is impossible, because i do belive there is some pro out there that does use this style, but i don't advise it)

4.Advice

The best advice i can give and that probably most experienced players know is that you should never make deck according to your playing style, you should adjust your playing style to the deck your using.

For example, you can't play a consevative dragon deck, it is unrelliable.

5. Ending Notes
Again, i would like to say that this article is intended for new players since most of the things i said are common knowledge.

Thank you For Reading, Ahty

-------------------------------------

So what do you guys think Very Happy
Ahty

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing Styles

Post by Guest on 2010-07-14, 21:20

not saying its bad but i can edit it and make it better Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahty on 2010-07-14, 21:21

Don't edit my post please
Ahty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2010-07-14, 21:26

why im not gonna mess with it just gonna make it betta Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahty on 2010-07-14, 21:27

then make your own
Ahty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2010-07-14, 21:28

because it makes more sense to do that now topic closed i wll make my decision

Topic opened

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimo Force on 2010-07-16, 23:22

Please do not edit articles that do not belong to you, Henry.
And good as always, Ahty.

~ Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2010-07-16, 23:24

meh fine i will just copy and edit mine to a differnt post to edit what he does wrong

meh and kimo i made some banners for you that have none!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum